What a year 2014 has been. We really ramped up production on our blog, hearing more from guest bloggers on health and health care in our communities and nation. In fact, we posted just under 100 blog entries this year, and nearly three-quarters were from our grantees and community partners. We strive to highlight the work of our grantees and community partners, because truly, we want our blog to be a reflection of the wonderful work they do to create more equality in health care. (If you are interested in writing a post about a topic in health or health care, or how our funding is impacting the service of your clients, please contact Jennifer Sykes or Natasha Sims.)
As we wind the Local Health Buzz blog down for the year, we wanted to share our top blog posts of 2014. These posts were based on how many views each post got from you, our wonderful readers.
We have lots of great blog posts planned for you in the coming year. From all of us at HCF and the Local Health Buzz blog, we hope you have a healthy and happy holiday season! Thanks for reading!
Top 10 blog post in 2014
- A look back at my first year as President/CEO of HCF
- Quik Trip and Synergy Services team up to create a Safe Place for Kansas City youth
- Obesity rates jump once children start school, but there’s a solution
- Mental illness is not a casserole illness
- Free Mental Health First Aid training offered
- Is your nonprofit ready to tackle advocacy?
- Kansas City’s conversation on health a lesson for us all
- Mental health community views walking challenge as step toward improved overall health
- What’s the true cost of untreated mental illness?
- Missouri should embrace jumping jacks
Honorable mention: (because we couldn’t help but love the joy we experienced of a Royal Kansas City)
Kansas City should remember to #BeRoyal all year