You may have never heard of the National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) but if you are serious about health policy issues, this is a group that you must know about. And lucky for those of us who live in Kansas City, NASHP in holding their annual national conference in Kansas City from October 3rd – 5th at the Westin Crown Center Hotel.
NASHP is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to helping states achieve excellence in health policy and practice. NASHP provides a forum for constructive, non-partisan work across branches and agencies of state government on critical issues facing states.
You can register for the conference by going to NASHP web site: www.nashp.org . There is a registration fee but government, nonprofit and academic folks (including students) will receive a discount.
At this year’s annual conference you can gain insight into best practice strategies on these and many other topics:
• The health care safety net and the Affordable Care Act
• Health insurance exchanges
• Attacking waste, fraud and abuse in public programs
• Medical liability reform
• Health information technology
• Improving the care of high cost populations
• State options in federal payment reform
• Keeping kid’s coverage strong
• Workforce strategies to increase system capacity
• Health Homes for people with serious mental illnesses
This conference will draw 600-700 people who closely follow state policy issues from all around the country. This conference will be the best place to network and make contacts with folks who are deeply involved in implementing effective health care strategies within states throughout America. We are so lucky that NASHP is coming to Kansas City. Hopefully those of us in the mid west will take advantage of this opportunity by attending the NASHP conference.
More from my site