We are pleased to offer this training from the Alliance for Justice, the nation’s expert on nonprofit advocacy and lobbying. Abby Levine, J.D., will offer a presentation that answers the following questions:
- What is the difference between advocacy and lobbying?
- Why would nonprofit organizations want to get involved in public policy?
- What is lobbying, and how much can our 501(c)(3) lobby?
- Do you need to have a lobbyist in Jefferson City or Topeka, or are there other ways to stay informed on legislative issues?
- How do we, as a nonprofit, partner on public policy issues?
We will also hear from some local organizations that are involved in public policy advocacy. A continental breakfast will be available at 8:30 a.m., with the program to begin at 9 a.m.
This event is free and open to the public, but registration is requested. Register
Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City
REACH Healthcare Foundation
Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
Francis Family Foundation